Tuesday 2 October 2007

Civil Radio 18 begins...




This Blog will host a collection of Livefeeds and DJ Mixes, covering the darker side of music.
Techno=Dubstep=Hip-Hop=Industrial=Electronica=Ambient=

Let me begin with the influences or the reason I want to do this.


Art + Expression of the mind. Especially through music.
Music for me is the food and language for the soul. It should be appreciated and enjoyed by everyone.

‘Without Music Life Would Be A Mistake’ - Friedrich Nietzsche

My Father, (1960-2006)
When you grow up with a man who has this understanding and passion for music you cannot ignore it as a child. It also helps if it runs in the genes! I grew up on so much but most notably, Joy Division, Swans, The Young Gods, My Bloody Valentine, The Pixies, Shostakovich, PJ Harvey, PIL.

HR Giger,
The master painter of our future fears and nightmares. The darkside of where technology becomes part of humanity in twisted beautiful imagined figures and landscapes of the unconscious. The CHAOS of REALITY====Visual Techno.

Rodz Konez,
A UK record label ran by Steve Bailey (aka Makaton) Dedicated in producing stunning and innovative dark industrial techno music. They ran a series of Livefeed radio broadcasts featuring some of the best techno musicians to display their vast array of musical influences. This was extremely inspirational for me because I learned so much from them. It reminded me of listening to John Peel. The disturbing brutality of Whitehouse & Merzbow, the beauty and mystery of zoviet france played alongside pounding techno and reggae. The perfect kind of radio show.

British Murder Boys (aka Surgeon + Regis)
Anthony Child and Karl O’Connor have been pushing the boundaries of techno for years. They are pioneers of the sound.
When I first saw them perform live on laptops in a dingy club in Belfast that was a pinnacle moment for me because I also got to meet them afterwards. I told them about the influence of my father and it was because of this intensity that I listened to them today. I told them that I wanted my father to appreciate their music as much as I did. Their next record was titled ‘Father Loves Us’.

1 comment: